Benefits to Membership include:
- Ability to get advice on management of complex chronic pain patients through the IPPS Listserv
- Access downloadable patient history forms that you can use in your daily clinical practice
- Access to educational videos on the evaluation and management of chronic pain
- The ability to advertise your practice, health product or company on our Member Marketplace
- The ability to advertise pelvic pain related events on our Event Calendar
- Access to multiple pelvic pain related educational and research grants designed for residents, faculty and early career faculty
- Access to a quarterly newsletter
- Access to pelvic news through Twitter and Facebook
- Access to contact information to a nationwide network of healthcare providers that specialize in pelvic pain, and ability to list yourself
- Access to our online Blog about pelvic pain
- Patient educational materials (available in several languages) that can be used in our daily clinical practice to facilitate care of pelvic pain patients
- Reduced registration fee at our annual meeting
- Access to recent publications about pelvic pain to help you stay up to date
- Access to the Pelvic Pain Observership Program (PPOP) if you want to get additional mentorship and face-to-face education about pelvic
IPPS Membership Dues
Membership dues payments are based on an individual's join-date anniversary. Members must renew prior to lapsing, in order to maintain membership status with IPPS. Please note that membership dues are non-refundable.
Find a Provider
This public search tool will allow you to extend your expertise and knowledge to patients and providers seeking a specialist as well as help you find referral sources for your patients and colleagues with similar interests.
IPPS members may submit their books, DVDs, and products to our social committee for approval to be listed on our website. The website will list a small photo of the product, a 100-word description of the product and a link to where website users can purchase the product.
IPPS Discussion List
The IPPS discussion list is the premier discussion list for discussing and understanding pelvic pain. This two-way email list manager allows IPPS members on the list to send an email message to everyone else on the list at the same time by simply sending a message to a single email address. Once subscribed, you will be able to send a message to the list, read all previous messages, perform searches of all previous messages, modify your settings (change your email address or change your password) and change how you receive mail, such as message digest or even to not receive email but still retain the ability to participate.
Ask the Board
IPPS members can submit questions to our multidisciplinary Board of Directors. The questions and answers are posted in a Q and A format on the website.
IPPS members are eligible to list their pelvic-health events on our public calendar. When your event is clicked on, our website will direct the user to the webpage for your event.
The IPPS Blog is a source of reliable information for patients and providers. Our members are eligible to submit a blogpost for publication.
The IPPS Annual Scientific Meeting on Pelvic Pain provides practitioners and researchers with an expanded and topical understanding of the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and research of disorders associated with chronic pelvic pain. The meeting emphasizes the multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to the management of chronic pelvic pain. Anyone with an interest in this prevalent healthcare problem is invited to attend, including primary care providers, gynecologists, nurses, urologists, surgeons, anesthesiologists, neurologists, physical therapists, psychiatrists and neuroscientists. Presentations will combine research findings and clinical care patterns and practices important to the care of women and men afflicted by chronic pelvic pain. For providers who need a more broad understanding of pelvic neuroanatomy, physiology, and available treatments, additional workshops will provide a more comprehensive overview of the evaluation of chronic pelvic pain.
Vision, the e-newsletter with summer, fall, and winter editions, offers IPPS members the latest information in the field of pelvic pain with featured articles, messages from the president and board chairman, information about upcoming meetings and, following the annual meeting, the winning poster abstracts.
Important information on upcoming meetings including online registration, abstract deadlines and opportunities to participate in surveys focusing on pelvic pain, is sent to your inbox.