Many members of the IPPS have written books or designed products to help patients with pelvic pain. Please note that only IPPS members are permitted to post their products on this website.
To submit your product or publication, please click here.
Secret Suffering: How Women's Pelvic and Sexual Pain Affects their Relationships
Sex hurts. That s the bottom line for roughly 20% of the women in this country between the ages of 18 and 50. Chronic pelvic/sexual pain (CPP) is a devastating condition that can wreck marriages and destroy the self-esteem of both partners.
Secret Suffering is the first book to:
- Open the floodgates to expose the issue of chronic sexual pain, which tears couples apart and destroys both partners quality of life
- Present in-depth interviews of suffering couples
- Focus not just on the condition, but on how it affects relationships
- Educate women about the interconnectivity of bodily functions that create sexual and pelvic pain
- Urge parents to look for early signs of chronic pelvic pain in their adolescent and teenage daughters (sometimes due to sports injuries)
- Let women who suffer know they aren t alone and they aren t crazy
- Provide a proven blueprint for regaining intimacy in their relationships and management of the condition
For more information, please visit amazon.com or theechenberginstitute.com.